The Bundanoon

free Audio Guide app

plus there is more history below if you wish:

The Bundanoon School  

Church Street.      The Page is under construction             

The First School



The o

Albert k.

A New School


The e.

It is d.



Roger Terry

In 1



There were

Ella died in 1941 at Berrima District Hospital Bowral at only 52 years of age. Her estate was is in the hands of the Perpetual Trustee Company, who intended to auction the hotel. Even though Ella was a staunch Anglican she surprised everyone by giving the bulk of her estate to the Salvation Army, and another substantial part of it to the Berrima District Hospital in Bowral.  The hotel was now so profitable that with revenue from just one year the hospital was able to install a new patient lift in the building.

By 2002, after eighty years of history, restorations had been carried out to the hotel.  The kitchen had been completely modernised but still retained the 10-foot AGA stove.  The gardens had been landscaped and the tennis court and swimming pool had been upgraded.


In J